If you are looking to finally purchase you first house and would also like to use your parent’s property in order to help you with the deposit, then it’s a must for you to go for a parental guarantee home loan.
What is a Parental Guarantee Home Loan?
A guarantor home loan is when your parent puts up their investment i.e. property as a guarantee or a security into a term deposit for the borrowing party that allows you to the hundred percent of the cost price of a home. This process is known as a security guarantee where a person who gives out the guarantee is usually your parents.
Who should use a Guarantor Home Loan?
People who are purchasing a house for the first time in their life and who do not have enough savings to pay off the deposit may go for this type of a loan. For those, who even have enough savings to pay the deposit still go for the parental guarantee home loan in order to eliminate or reduce the cost of mortgage insurance of lender? Clients who are also willing to purchase a second or a third home or are looking for an upgrade of the house, a security guarantee here allows to upgrade without the home loan brokers Wollongong.
Who can go as a Guarantor?
However, most people may choose any relative or friend to be their guarantor but it is strongly advised to not put any person in an unnecessary risk, therefore, to opt for a parental guarantee home loan, it is important to structure the guarantee in order to protect the guarantor. This structure can include;
- Having sufficient insurance in place.
2. Up to date will
3. Ensuring the guarantee is a limited guarantee for the lowest sum.
4. Setting the guarantee against an investment property.
How to Remove the Security Guarantee?
Security guarantees are to be removed once the borrower has paid the loan or the property has sufficiently increased in value. Requirements that are to be taken into account when releasing the guarantor include:
- To have a sufficient income to make loan payments.
2. Good conduct, also known as no missed payments have been done on your regular payments.
3. Loan amount should not be equal to no more than 90% of the total property’s value.
Using a Parental Guarantee Loan can:
- Help the home owner’s purchasers to have access to the market quicker.
2. Reduces the ratio of the borrower’s loan to value ratio.
3. Helps in saving money from the borrower’s context by avoiding or reducing the need to pay the insurance cost of the lenders mortgage.